1. Applications will be ranked based on the cumulative grade point average for prerequisite general education courses and the cumulative grade point average for the required science courses. The overall prerequisite grade point average and science course grade point average will be computed from student academic degree audits and official transcripts on file. The Admission, Progression, and Retention Committee will review applications and academic histories and will make admission recommendations to the Dean of the School of Nursing for final approval.
2. If approved, applicants will receive a conditional letter of admission with a list of additional requirements such as immunizations, health insurance, background check and drug screen. Refer to the South College Catalog for a full list of requirements.
3. Final academic eligibility will be assessed just prior to the start of the entry quarter to ensure completion of all prerequisite courses and final cumulative grade point average calculations of both general education courses and required science courses. Applicants who do not meet the admission requirements will be removed from nursing courses and required to reapply for the next admitting quarter.
4. Applicants completing prerequisite courses at another institution must submit final course grades at least two weeks prior to the start of the entry quarter. If final grades are not received at least two weeks prior to the start of the entry quarter, applicants will be removed from nursing courses and required to reapply for the next admitting quarter.
5. All official transcripts from previous institutions must be received by the South College at least two weeks prior to the start of the entry quarter. Please ensure that you order official transcripts from each institution attended.